Friday, January 7, 2011

Continuing with the photo blog

So - this is harder than I thought - but I am sure that I will get used to it.

It certainly is serving its purpose to make me look at things in a different way. For Example -

The January 4th Pictures were taken in the dead of night, I was making lunch and taking up some coffee at about 4:30 a.m. and besides the faint buzz of the radio - there was not a sound. And then it dawned on me, that everything on our house was in sync. How did it dawn on me? The Birds.....they were silent. Not a stir - Ringo in his Popplesque format and the finches in their nest (Cheshire woke up to look at me just to see what I was doing - he is by far the most hyper and alert of the bunch). It makes me happy that at last they are relaxed enough not to go into a squawking, chirping, jumping, frenzy whenever we enter the kitchen after dark. Just the idea that everything was operating in peace and unity under our roof made me happy - so My pictures for January 4th were these:

Ringo as a Popple

Cheshire looking at me and protecting Alice in the back of the nest.


On January 5th, I had the day off and was cleaning up in the kitchen - of course like most kitchen tables, it had mail, receipts, coupons, etc etc laid on top of it. Out of that pile of rubble came a little gem that brought a smile to my face - I am not sure why I love it - but I love it. It is a post card from a local Chinese Restaurant where I like to go eat (they have great and fresh sushi) - my name was put in a box with my birthday on it, and they sent this in the mail :) I love it.



And for January 6th -

A candid shot of my typical garb for writing these blogs. In my beloved Skull Candy Lime Green Headphones - bought as a treat to myself for travel and long walks - hair slicked back and my inside out hoodie. Life is good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment